I have always put "workout" and "eat healthy" on my resolutions list, but those are so vague and so not fun that I have decided to steer away from them. I personally love yoga, but hate cardio and strength training. I used to do HIIT everyday when I was riding horses, but it just turned into a chore that I did not enjoy. I also eat pretty healthy all ready, that I just need to tweak a few things and I'll be good on those. So I wrote real, accurate resolutions for me and maybe for you!
New Year's Resolutions for February Through Forever
- Stop drinking soda: pretty specific if you ask me! I should be able to do this pretty easily, considering I rarely drink soda. If I find myself needing a sweet treat, I'll just go to Drought and get myself a coconut shake or a raw juice.
- Attend yoga classes more regularly: I currently take a yoga class when my schedule permits. Between work, church, and school; I don't have much time to take care of myself. So I have decided to use most of my free time to extend my yoga practice.
- Take more risks: Ha, if you know me personally or just from my blog, you know I don't take many risks. This year is going to be designated the year of risks, so that means telling people how I feel about them, forgiving people, and just reaching out to people I have lost along the way.
- Write way more that usual: I have been getting better at doing this, I just have zero inspiration currently. Maybe I need to fall in love or something, which leads me into my next one.
- Fall in love: not necessarily a person, maybe a poem or an aspect of nature. I mean a person would be great, but it doesn't have to be one! Currently in love with my dog and the veggie muffin I am eating, but I am not going to write a poem about either of those things.
- Sleep more: I sleep like crap, so sleeping more and better would be a huge plus!
- Read a lot of books: I have been slacking on reading, so I am going to start that soon!! If this is on your list too, be on the look out for info regarding a book club Angela and I are starting!
- Make peace with your past: Get over that idiot you were in love with since you were 14, forget about stupid events that aren't relevant to your character, and just move on, please.
- Go phone free twice a month: NO phone for two whole days out of the month. That means NO phone at all! Do it, it is so freeing!
- Forgive people who have wronged you: It never helped anyone when they held a grudge. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting! Forgiving doesn't mean rekindling.
- Volunteer more: I already volunteer in the middle school ministry at my church, but I'd love to help with mentoring or something along those lines. If children and youth aren't your thing, they have soup kitchens and community projects.
- Live your life: For me it's senior year, which means soon I will be moving on to bigger and better things! So I should have some fun while it lasts, like making a short film this summer or road tripping to see some friends in different states. Fill your life with fun before you're a grown up!
Carry out some of your own resolutions or use mine for starters, you go this! Good luck!!