This post is going to be completely different then most of my posts, this isn't going to be a DIY or fashion post, it is however, going to be a helpful tips post. I am going to share some of my go-to tips for finals.
- Meditation, when I mediate it's a time for me to focus on God and myself. Meditation helps me relax my brain and just be in the moment. Meditation can also help with getting information to stick. I suggest meditating after a long study sesh and before you leave the house to take your final. I like to use the Stop, Breathe & Think app to do so or you can simply sit down for 5-15 minutes and tell yourself that you got this.
- Flashcards!!! I love me some flashcards. I typically have stacks and stacks of them lying around my room and in my folders just ready for me to pull them out and review. I find that writing out the flashcards rather than typing them out on Quizlet helps me remember better. I suggest buying 3x5 cards in bulk, because if you're anything like me, you will go through them all.
- Kahoot. I recently discovered Kahoot and I just love it. Kahoot is a website where you can create online quiz games for you and your friends to compete in. It's a great study tool and it's also an excuse to study with your friends.
- Sleep. Do not pull an all-nighter. Studying all night is actually proven to make your test performance worse. Doctors recommend 8 hours of sleep in general, but I try to get at least 10 (yes that does mean going to bed way before Finding Carter is on) just to be safe.
- Music. I use Spotify for all my musical needs, mainly because who doesn't like listening to music for free? I usually check out their studying playlists under their "Focus Mood" category. These playlists are full of instrumental songs that are meant to ease your brain so that your studying is more effective.
- Scents. I actually just sprayed my favorite all natural perfume around myself while I was studying. I plan on wearing this perfume on exam day because scents are supposed to help you recall information. Hoping this works!
- Dressing up. I don't mean wear a dress or skirt (Unless you want to). I mean wear a piece of jewelry like a ring or a fancy necklace. Wearing something nice tells your brain that you aren't going to bed, but instead going to work.
8. Food. I typically go to Panera or Starbucks to study for finals because I love good food and the environment is always pleasing.
And now to wrap up these tips I just want to say study hard and try not to stress out. Be peaceful and try to relax. You got this! You can do it!!