today's recipe is not my own creation, but it is one of my absolute favorites recipes.
today's recipe is from Shoshanna's kitchen and it is her "lean & green salad dressing"
(see her blog for measurements)
- apple cider vinegar (i use Bragg's)
- extra virgin olive oil (i use the organic olive oil from Costco)
- honey (raw honey is preferred, but any honey without additives should do)
- black pepper (i use the whole peppercorns)
- oregano (dry or fresh)
- Celtic sea salt (i bought mine from Shoshanna's store, but you can really use any sea salt)
- garlic (you can use garlic powder, i prefer fresh garlic myself)
- a blender of some sort (i use my vitamix, but i've seen people use a standard blender, nutribullet, food processor, etc.)
before i start making this glorious dressing i get all my ingredients out and line them up on my counter, i believe it's just easier that way.
next i add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar, it is completely normal for them to separate.
then i add the oregano, which usually lies on the top of the oil.
when adding the honey, i use a butter knife to scrape the edges of the measuring spoon so i don't waste any.
fact: did you know that honey is the only food that never goes bad?
next i add the peppercorns
then i add the sea salt, the Celtic sea salt has a little moisture in it, so make sure you get all of it off your spoon.
to peel garlic i take a knife and lay it flat on top of the garlic, than i press down with my hand with a lot of force. pressing down on the garlic helps the skin release from the garlic itself.
next i add the garlic.
do not forget the lid, i did this once and made a horrible mess. it seems like it would be so easy to remember this simple thing, but if you get distracted you will forget and have a big problem.
i start out very slow with the blender to mix everything up a little bit.
then i crank up the speed to high so i don't have any huge chunks of garlic or pepper.
when the dressing is all done, it should be very smooth and combined.
i put my dressing in a glass dressing container or a mason jar, you are free to use whatever container you want.
you can put this dressing on any type of salad, i prefer to put it over mixed greens and cucumber because the dressing has such a great flavor, i don't want to diminish it with a ton of veggies.
i hope you try this dressing and fall in love with it like i have, also make sure to check out Shosanna's blog and youtube channel for more healthy recipes.